Friday, February 27, 2009

Kind Words from a former Cabrini Connections' Volunteer

Below is a comment posted on Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection President/CEO, Mr. Bassill's Facebook page by a former volunteer who was involved with tutoring in around 1990-1991. These are the types of endorsements that Mr. Bassill and the entire staff hope many are feeling.


"Dan: The years that I spent tutoring with your Cabrini Green program are among my most rewarding memories of the time when I first came of age in this city. I'll never forget how many dozens of newly graduated HBCU alumni made the trek over to the building every Monday and Tuesday night (and beyond) to tutor those kids, in every conceivable subject. It alwaysfloored me that many of those young black professionals came from as faraway as Naperville (Ill.). Glad to know the program is still in good hands,and thank you for reaching out."

No comments: