Monday, March 31, 2008

Introduction and Preparation

Dear Volunteers and Mentors

I just wanted to formally introduce myself to any volunteers and mentors who were not present last week, and reintroduce myself to the mentors who were. My name is EL Da’ Sheon Nix and I am the new Administrative Coordinator at Cabrini Connections, and want to say THANK YOU for being a volunteer or mentor. I also want to THANK YOU for sharing not only your time but your lives and experiences with the students in the program! I don’t personally know all of the volunteers and mentors at this point, but just the fact that you have taken on this role leads me to believe that you truly do care about the youth and their future.

The purpose of this short note is again to introduce myself, to make myself available to any and all volunteers and mentors of the program, and to assist the staff with preparations for the summer and fall. My email address is eldasheon.nix@gmail.com and my contact number is 312-492-9614. Please don’t hesitate to contact me whenever you have questions, concerns, or comments, and I will gladly assist you in any way I can.

I will also be getting into the habit of checking the SVHATS on a regular basis so if you post questions, concerns, or comments at that location I will get those also.

As our team begins to prepare for a successful summer that will hopefully lead us into a strong program in the fall I would like to get a sense of which volunteers and mentors will be available in the summer and can and will continue to be with the program in the fall? I understand that it is rather early and may be hard to determine your availability at this point, but we are just trying to get an idea so we can plan accordingly. So if you know if you will be available in the summer and will be around in the fall, please inform myself or another staff member when you can.

Thanks for continuing to make a difference!

Sincerely,
EL Da’ Sheon Nix

No comments: